One of OBT’s ministries is providing transportation to those that need a ride to church.
The bus ride to Ottumwa Baptist Temple is exciting. You are invited you to join the atmosphere of energy, excitement, fun, and godliness as you come to our church. Here are answers to a few questions you may have…
Are your buses safe to ride?
1. Each church bus is regularly inspected for safety.
2. Each bus driver has been cleared by a physician and is licensed by the State of
3. Each bus worker is trained in safety procedures.
4. Each bus has rules and consequences that are enforced.
5. All riders are under supervision from the time they leave their home to the time they
Who is allowed to ride the bus?
We invite the entire family to ride our buses to church. However, we understand that sometimes circumstances arise that keep this from happening. Riders under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian’s permission. Riders under the age of 4 must be accompanied by an adult.
Which church services will your bus pick me up to attend?
What do you do on the bus that makes it so exciting?
1. Games – One the bus there are many unique games that we play. Sometimes indivudial challenges, or sometime a team is chosen.
2. Songs – God honoring songs are a big part of the bus ride. The bus songs will encourage and teach valuable lessons about our Lord Jesus Christ.
How do I let you know that I want to ride the bus to church?
1. Call OBT (641-682-4836) and give your name, address,
and phone number. You may also email us for pickups or further information.
2. Be ready for the bus on Sunday between 8:15 am to 9:00 am. On Wednesdays be
ready between 5:15 pm to 6:15 pm. You will receive a more specific time when you
3. At the scheduled time, a bus worker will knock on your door and walk you to the bus.
Workers will also show you to your designated class when you arrive at church.
4. Bus workers will walk you back to your door when you arrive back home.
*All riders under the age of 18 will be dropped off at the same location of pick-up unless preapproved by parents with the bus Captain.